In this article you will find information about the following:
Marketing your blog
Making money on your blog
Advertising products and services
Blogs that will pay you for writing
Linking your blog to your business website
1. Site optimization
- Make your blog site easy to read and easy for search engines to find.
- Link to material on other sites as well as linking to related articles in your own blog
- Find and fix any broken links.
- Use an analytics tool to see how many people are viewing your website
2. Content planning and research
- Know what you're writing about and who you are writing for.
- Find keywords that represent your blog and sort them into topics.
- Decide on the topics and do research for articles in your blog.
3. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Put your keyword at the beginning of your title.
- Use short URLS that include the keyword.
- Use meta descriptions that induce curiosity.
- Include the keywords in headings and paragraphs.
- Pictures should be compressed but at least 600px wide. Include Alt text.
4. Encourage sharing of content
- Build an email list by encouraging people to sign up for the blog.
- Start with an attention-getting headline.
- Longer content gets more social shares and a higher search engine ranking.
5. Promoting your blog
- Email your subscribers and contacts about your most recent article, inviting them to subscribe.
- Include an email signature.
- Ask an associate to email their list.
- Share your blogs on social media.
- Participate on social media. Manage replies and engage your audience.
- Use a reciprocal sharing sites like Triberr and Viral Content Bee.
- Social bookmarking sites (like Reddit and Flipboard) allow users to post and tag favorite stories, pictures, and videos.
- Use established groups on social media that fit your niche.
6. Leverage content
- Save your content on websites of lists and collections, like Flipboard, List.ly, Scoop.it, Paper.li, and Pearl Trees.
- Use a content aggregator which puts content from other websites in one place. Examples of aggregators are Alltop, AffDaily, Blog Engage, WP Clipboard and WP News Desk.
- Republish your blog in third-party websites like Medium and LinkedIn.
- Turn the content of your blog into another format like an infographic, a video, a podcast or a Slideshare presentation.
7. Relationship marketing
- Influencer marketing involves connecting with and asking individuals that influence your target audience.
- Mention influencers in your posts.
- Interview an influencer blogger.
- Invite influential bloggers to contribute to your blog.
- Form content partnerships, guest blogging, or backlink acquisition. How to write better outreach emails.
- Use guest bloggers to promote your blog.
- Comment on top blogs in your niche and get others to comment in your blog.
8. Paid marketing
- Pay for advertising on social media that reaches your audience.
- Reddit is one of the biggest online communities, with an estimated 17 million monthly users. Its advertising costs are cheaper than traditional social sites.
- Put advertising at the end of articles presented as: “You May Like”, “Recommended For You” or “Promoted Stories”.
- Search advertising places advertisements in search engine results.
9. Measure your blog promotion.
- Install web analytic tools.
- Use social media monitoring tools to check how your blog posts are performing.
- Create a business directory.
- Promote an affiliate product.
- Sell ad space.
- Offer services.
- Offer consulting services.
- Write sponsored posts.
- Offer coaching services.
- Host webinars.
- Host sponsored contests or giveaways.
- Teach an online course.
- Create a private community.
- Write an ebook.
- Sponsored social content.
- Sell premium content.
- Sponsor a site.
- Sell merchandise.
- Sell templates.
- Create a job board.
- Create a private bootcamp to help audience accomplish a specific goal.
- Write tutorials.
- Offer expertise as a speaker or presenter,
- Add affiliate links.
- Provide product reviews for a fee.
- Dropship products.
- Create a resource page.
How to get Earnings Per Click (EPC)
What is ADSENSE?
This article discusses blog sites that will pay you for writing content for their blogs.