More information about Glutathione patches.
What is glutathione?
- Your cells contain glutathione, which is a substance made from three amino acids: cysteine, glutamate, and glycine. It is essential for life and for a healthy body.
- Glutathione acts as an important antioxidant in your body. That means it helps combat free radicals. These are molecules that can damage your body's cells.
- Glutathione plays a role in many chemical reactions in your body. It detoxifies chemicals as well as pollutants and drugs.
- Your supply of glutathione seems to decrease as you get older, possibly because your body can't create as much.
- Lower glutathione levels appear to go hand-in-hand with poorer health. Lower levels may play a role in many conditions that are more likely to develop in older people.
Why take glutathione?Some people take glutathione:
- For its antioxidant power
- As a detoxification agent
- While there is no evidence that glutathione works in this regard, some people use it in an attempt to protect themselves from the harmful effects of radiation and chemotherapy.
- People also take glutathione to try to treat weakened immune systems or infertility, as well as many other conditions.
Some studies suggest using injections or a treatment to inhale it. Inhaled glutathione may trigger asthma attacks in people who have asthma. Taking glutathione long-term has been linked to lower zinc levels.
Some supplements may boost the body's production of glutathione, such as:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
Can you get glutathione naturally from foods?Your body doesn't seem to absorb glutathione well from foods. However, certain foods high in amino acids that contain sulfur may help boost your levels. These include:
- Unprocessed meat
LifeWave patches may be one way to get glutathione.
LifeWave patches use light technology to activate cells in the body that produce more glutathione.More information about LifeWave patches is available at https://lifewave.com/riverglen.