What is social media marketing?
- Social media marketing uses social media and social networks to market a company's products and services.
- Using social media, companies engage with existing customers and reach new ones.
- Social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are used to execute the social media plan.
How social media (SMM) works
Marketers develop strategies and tactics to use social media content to change consumer behavior. They tailor social media messages to engage people and persuade them to use their products and services.
The five key pillars of social media marketing are:
- Marketers develop strategy to determine goals, social media channels, and content.
- They draft plans for the content, deciding whether to use photos, videos, script, and social media platforms.
- They listen to determine what users are saying about posts and brands and engage consumers.
- Analytics and reporting are used to determine engagement and reach of social media.
- They purchase advertising in social media to promote products and services and develop the brand.
For further information go to Investopedia.