Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Crash Hot Potatoes from Pioneer Women

This recipe is a favorite in our family.  We eat it all the time.  Just this last week we ate it twice.  I love getting new potatoes (baby reds) and making this dish with them.  My kids easily eat the entire pan.  All of my siblings love this recipe as well as their kids.  What amazes me is how easy the recipe is and how few ingredients you actually use.   This recipe comes from The Pioneer Woman.  This woman is the goddess of cooking warm and hearty dishes.  She rarely makes anything that isn't amazing.  When I look at potatoes now I actually crave these.  We love to eat them just as they are or with a bit of sour cream.  I promise once you make and try these you won't ever want to eat potatoes differently again.


Crash Hot Potatoes from The Pioneer Woman

 Ingredients

  • 12 whole New Potatoes (or Other Small Round Potatoes)
  • 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • Kosher Salt To Taste
  • Black Pepper To Taste
  • Rosemary (or Other Herbs Of Choice) To Taste

Preparation Instructions

DSC_0051_6300Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in as many potatoes as you wish to make and cook them until they are fork-tender.
On a sheet pan, generously drizzle olive oil. Place tender potatoes on the cookie sheet leaving plenty of room between each potato.
With a potato masher, gently press down each potato until it slightly mashes, rotate the potato masher 90 degrees and mash again. Brush the tops of each crushed potato generously with more olive oil.
Sprinkle potatoes with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and fresh chopped rosemary (or chives or thyme or whatever herb you have available.)
Bake in a 450 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Serves 6.

Note: The Pioneer Woman uses fresh rosemary.  I never have fresh so I just used dried and it still tastes amazing.  I also recently broke my potato masher so I just use a fork.  It causes the potatoes to smash down a little more but it also helps them get brown faster.

Recipe and Photo comes from the blog The Pioneer Women

No comments: