- Property tax increases. Understand how property taxes work and deduct them on your tax return.
- Utilities. Do an energy audit so that your can stop leakages and reduce costs.
- Unexpected repairs. Reduce home repairs by keeping home systems well maintained.
- HOA dues increases. Get to know your neighbors and get them to help keep HOA expenses down.
- Special assessments. Stay involved in HOA and knowledgable about local government so you have input into special assessments.
- Basic maintenance. Plan for maintenance, putting money aside for regular maintenance.
Go to Trulia to get more information.