Friday, March 13, 2015

Day 10 Hip Replacement

Very tired and sore after physical therapy. I spent 10 minutes on the stationery bicycle and then 5 minutes on treadmill.  My place on treadmill was very slow, maybe .6 of a mile.  I had a hard time getting one foot the same distance in front of the other. I did ankle exercises and then added a new exercise where I marched in place as I set on the edge of the therapy bed. Extending my leg to the side is still very hard. I can't reach down to take off my shoe or raise my bionic leg more than a foot off the floor. But still I'm making progress.

I slept about 6 hours last night but took meds in the middle of the night. The pain was too much the night before.  Yesterday I. Went grocery shopping. A half an hour was too much to be in my walker. Then this morning I got up to go to the bathroom and forgot my walker until I was in the bathroom.  That hurt. I'm still not ready to walk unassisted.

When I showered today I could do everything - dress and undress, put plastic over my wound, soap and rinse, then towel off. Everything except Rowling my foot and taking off or putting on my bionic sock.

No comments: