2017 could be the year "veganism" goes mainstream - already over 16 million people in the U.S. eat zero animal products and many more are adding non-dairy to their diets. According to a survey from Califia Farms and Berrycart, 56% of omnivores consume plant-powered alternative dairy beverages, like almond milk, several times a week, with nearly one in four (23%) consuming them every day.
According to a recent survey by the Nutrition Business Journal:
- 13% of consumers associate vegan products with cleaner ingredients
- 12% eat vegan for weight loss
- 11% cite environmental responsibilities
- 8% embrace a vegan lifestyle because of social responsibility
For your 'New Year, New You' stories, consider vegan swap out recipes and a great place to start is brunch:
- High calorie, stodgy pancakes– RECIPE SWAP: Fluffy and light Almondmilk flap jacks - Check out this recipe that uses Almondmilk to whip up stacks of delicious vegan pancakesVegan Brunch Swap Out Recipes:
- Overly sweet and heavy Chocolate Chip Waffles - RECIPE SWAP: Chocolate Chip Waffles – Waffles are the ultimate comfort food, and this is a vegan recipe with a mocha twist, from Clean Food, Dirty City's recipe which includes Nitro Cold Brew Mocha.
- Too Rich Puddings - RECIPE SWAP: Up your pudding game and have the brunch crowd leave happy and fulfilled with a turmeric spiced vanilla chai pudding desert from Shine Organic made with Vanilla Almondmilk.
Products from Califia Farms are available at Amazon. Try Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk Coffee Creamer, 32 Fluid Ounce (Pack of 6).