Sunday, March 15, 2015

Day 12 - Hip Replacement

The pain today seems to be greater than in past days. The outside of my wound seems to be healing well but something must be happening inside.  I've taken my meds on time but the pain is still there.  I stayed home today while the family went to church and did some work on my computer.  I've arranged my computer to be by my bed. I can work a half hour but probably no longer before lying down.

I've been thinking about the day of my operation, Tuesday, March 3. My daughter and I arrived at about 8:30 a.m. and the operation occurred at about 11 a.m. I went from a pre-op room to a waiting room before going to the operating room .  The operating room was filled with equipment including the operating table.  When my bed was moved into the operating room, little room was left for maneuvering around. My bed was removed before the operation began. I was already asleep when I was moved from my bed to the operating table. I was asked to lean forward on the edge of my bed when I received a spinal block of morphine and anesthesia.   

This is what the oprating table looked like. 


No comments: